Make this week’s Taco Tuesday guilt-free—swap out the tortilla and usual meat selections for fresh oyster mushrooms, tofu, and a fresh, crispy leaf of lettuce. In 20 minutes you’ll be enjoying some tasty Teriyaki Mushroom Lettuce Wraps full of fiber and omega-3 fats!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6-8 lettuce wraps
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 3 cups oyster mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 7 oz firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 6-8 Romaine or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 3 tbsp carrots, shredded
- 3 tbsp purple cabbage, shredded
- 3 tbsp broccoli, shredded
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp dry unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
Sriracha Yogurt Sauce
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
1. Heat sesame seed oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add
mushrooms when the oil is hot and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the water released by the mushrooms is evaporated.
2. Lower the heat to medium-low and add tofu, garlic and ginger. Stir well. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the tofu is lightly browned.
3. Add teriyaki sauce and soy sauce to the mushrooms and tofu and stir to combine. Sauté on medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds, mix well, and cook for another minute.
4. In a small bowl, mix together plain greek yogurt and Sriracha sauce until well combined.
5. To serve: fill each lettuce leaf with the mushroom tofu filling and top with shredded carrots, purple cabbage, broccoli, scallions, cilantro and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Top with Sriracha Yogurt sauce as desired and enjoy!
Grow your own! Harvest fresh oyster mushrooms with our Mushroom Farm—just water and grow!
Make it vegan: Substitute greek yogurt with a vegan plain soy yogurt.