Try this riff on a classic french toast stuffed with chocolate and fresh fruit! The toasted cinnamon cereal adds a cinnamon-y crunch that goes perfectly with the decadent chocolatey filling. Get creative with your filling and add your favorite fruit and/or spread!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 french toasts (2-3 servings)
- 3/4 cups cinnamon cereal, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp organic can sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Challah bread
- 2-3 strawberries, thinly sliced
- Dark chocolate bar, broken into small pieces
- 1 tsp butter
1. In a small bowl, whisk together crushed cereal, brown sugar, cane sugar, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Cut 2 inch thick slices of challah bread. Take a knife and slice a pocket into the slice of bread. Stuff the pocket with strawberries and chocolate.
4. Heat a small skillet on medium-high. Dip the stuffed challah bread into the egg mixture and then coat the toast in the crushed cereal mixture. Add butter to the hot skillet and let it melt. Then add dipped and coated bread to the skillet. Cook until browned on the bottom and then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve warm with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or powdered sugar on top.