Whether you’re gearing up for a night in of baking or planning to “wow” at your next social function, we’ve got you covered! We’re bringing a biodynamic® twist to your favorite Snickerdoodle with a surprising secret ingredient – Cinnamon Clusters cereal. Ready, set, bake!
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 dozen cookies
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed Biodynamic Cinnamon Cereal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon cereal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, clove, milk powder and salt until well mixed.
2. In a separate bowl, beat butter until creamy. Next, add sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes. Then add egg, vanilla extract and maple syrup and beat until well incorporated. Lastly, add in dry ingredients and mix well. Place in the freezer and preheat oven to 350 F.
3. In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
4.Once oven is ready, remove cookie dough from freezer. Roll 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball. Roll the cookie dough ball into the cinnamon sugar until well coated. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the cookie dough.
Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
P.S. Vegan? No problem – swap in vegan butter, remove milk powder, and substitute egg with 1/4 cup of cup of applesauce!