Prep: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
– 1 cup grapeseed or olive oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
– 3-4 candlelight peppers, thinly sliced
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a saucepan over low heat. Once oil is hot, add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. When the garlic turns light brown and fragrant, add the rest of the oil, sliced candlelight peppers, and a pinch of salt to the saucepan. Cook over low heat, (the oil should be only slightly warm), stirring often for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Pour the oil into a blender and pulse 4-5 times. Pour the chilli oil into a mason jar. Store in refrigerator up to 1 month.